A page title is the title tag, which notifies search engines the primary subject matter of the page. It is one of the many on-page elements that must be paid attention to when optimising web pages and content. While optimising it alone will not influence your ranking, using it along with other on-page elements can build relevance for a webpage, a particular section or overall website.
Here Are A Few Crucial Aspects To Consider When Optimising Your Title Tags:
- For websites with a lot of pages, keep the particulars of the page in mind while writing the title tag for each of these pages.
- Make sure that each page title is unique and different from other pages of your entire website.
- As page title will be visible for a visitor in search engine result page, create compelling page titles.
- Avoid using different variations of similar keyword or phrases in your page title. Also, avoid stuffing keywords.
- Create a page title without exceeding 70 characters as Google will not display anything written above this character limit.
- Don’t put your business’s name at the front; create a title using your target keywords first, followed by your company name.
- It is a good idea to include your primary keyword near the front as it helps search engines and users understand what your page is about.
If you need help with optimising your page title or your entire website, the SEO experts of Verve Innovation can handle it all. As a leading digital marketing company in Melbourne, we provide SEO services, web design service, SMO services and SEM services at competitive pricing. For a free quote, call 1300 683 783 and talk to our SEO specialists today.